Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveyor
- Systems capable of over 200T/Hr.
- Heavy duty design to AS1210.
- Conveying distances from 5m up to 1000m.
- Ideal for Rugged environments like the Mining, Power and Cement Industries.
- Stainless steel units available forFoods and corrosive application.
- Ideal for abrasive products.
- A wide range of valve options.
Kockums have developed a range of Dense Pneumatic Conveying Systems for conveying powder and granules over distances from 5 metres to a kilometre, although greater runs may be achieved. This equipment recognized as dense phase, has been in operation in many locations throughout Australia, New Zealand and Overseas and has been developed to a degree that very low maintenance is required and excellent reliability is offered. The Kockums Pneumatic Conveying Vessels (PCV’s) are similar in concept to the Kockums road tankers that carry powders and granular products which were the foundation of dry bulk transport on Australian roads in recent decades.
The Principles of a Dense Phase PCV. How do they work?
A typical PCV is a pressure vessel manufactured under jurisdiction of the statutory authority to AS1210 and hydraulically tested under supervision. It is usually supplied fully self contained with a PLC controller, and all instruments and valves, or fitted out for integration with a plant DCS.
Filling: The vessel is normally filled with powder by gravity flow through a fill valve in the vessel head. A level probe advises the controller that the tank is full, and closes the filling and vent valves. The vent valve is used to enable rapid filling by allowing the displaced air to exit the vessel during filling. It is ducted to a dust controlled space, usually the source silo. Other filling methods such as vacuum may be employed providing the capability to feed product from multiple sources.
Discharging: At a defined pressure the discharge conveying cycle will commence under highly controlled conditions maximising mass ratios and minimising conveying velocities. This method of positive pressure conveying provides the opportunity to feed multiple destinations and in some cases 20+ silos.
Common materials handled include: Cement, Fly ash, Bentonite, Gypsum, Lime, Magnesium Oxide, Barites, Carbon Black, Calcite, Plaster, Sand, Soda ash, Sugar, Stearic Acid, limestone, Calcium Carbonate, Roasted Coffee Beans, PVC powder, Flour, Maize Grits, Rice, Flocculants and many others.
Full Engineering Service and System Solutions. Kockums engineering and project management team have produced many prestigious turnkey installations over recent years, and demonstrates our ability to provide total solutions for large or small projects, from concept to commissioning. Recent examples include the supply of equipment to the power stations at Bayswater, Vales Point, Port Augusta, Gladstone, Millmerran and Swanbank, for the handling of fly ash. Similarly, Portland cement handling equipment has been supplied throughout Australia and further afield, such as in Hong Kong during the building of the Chek Lap Kok Airport. Other projects have taken us into Mining, Plaster/Gypsum manufacturing, the animal feed industry, sanding systems for locomotives, water treatment, plastics, the food Industry and many others.
Specialist products complementing Kockums PCV’s is a range of ancillaries based on the worlds latest technologies.
- The Posiflate inflatable seat butterfly valve provides low cost, quick operation and a long service life and the well proven
- CLYDE Dome Valve offers a rugged solution for applications where products are very abrasive or high temperatures and pressures are involved, such as in the cement and mining industries.
- Kockums SonoPulse fluidising system is a very effective discharge aid for silos and hoppers.
- The unique Bulkair Wing Compressor is an ideal source of oil free air for dense phase conveying.